Cannes Lions 2019- Day #3

Today I got to the festival around 10:30 AM and went straight to Palais II to hear Jenna Lyons speak. In collaboration with Warner Media, Jenna explained her career path and how her transition out of J Crew influences her new company and TV show. She was so genuine and transparent in her session, I could have listened to her speak for the rest of the day. After Jenna, I stayed for “Dark Data: Creative Insights Amazon Doesn’t Want You To See.” I honestly ended up in this session accidentally, as I read my schedule wrong, but it was still extremely interesting and enlightens and I learned a lot about how companies are studying consumers’ buyer behavior online today. Next up was “Junktion: The Dynamic Intersection of Advertising & Entertainment” with FALKON and Kenya Barris. This session was more of a casual conversation between friends but they still covered some important topics like FALKON’s campaign about the banned NBA shoes and why Kenya decided to move networks in the past few years. I was quite surprised at how few people attended this session, as it was my favorite of the day. At 2:00 PM, I headed over to the Lumiere Theater to listen to the talk about Wendy’s creative transformation and all of the exciting ways they are differentiating them from other fast food chains’ advertising. After Wendy’s, I stayed in the Lumiere to wait for John Legand, Katie Couric, and Mark Pritchard. At 3:00 PM, John, Katie, and Mark started their session on “Reimagining Creativity Through Love & Humanity.” Throughout the session, the three discussed P&G’s partnership with John Legend and all over their work combating racism, discrimination, and toxic masculinity. At the end of the session, John Legend even preformed two songs from his album and the three posed for photos together. After I left the Palais, I headed to the Martinez Hotel to hear a couple of sessions at the Female Quotient, where I got to meet Kelly Campbell, CMO of Hulu, Essence Gant, Beauty Director at Hulu, and Hannah Bronfman, Creator and Influencer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cannes Lions 2019- Day #2

Cannes Lions 2019- Day #5

Group Project- Outdoor Awards Category